fatty
BOD
First Name: Greg
Last Name: AKA Fatty
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ (1997–2006 Wrangler)

Re: Frieling's 3/20/15

Postby fatty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 am

Another jeep run come and gone. It was great weather until Saturday night when the rain came in and ran everyone off from the campfire.
Friday in Daisy at Buck Creek Ranch was a muddy day. Dilleywhopper, Shrek clan, Moose (no fire this weekend) and myself ran the trails. Joined at the end of our day by Electricjman and dad. We ran 2 main trails - Say no to Joe and Wet and Wild. We did spend a decent amount of time pulling winch line for Moose on the access road but he was in good spirits. This place has lots of potential and there are many trails out there. It will take some time to learn how to get around as it is about 2000 acres.
Camp on Friday night was cool but the bratburgers were hot. Big thanks to Lu for doing all the cooking while Danny supervised the minions.

Saturday was spent at Frieling's park. A mere 340 acres just north of Clayton. It was a muddy mess to say the least. 2 stuck trucks in the parking area and 1 bent bull bar dragging a truck around the parking lot (sorry whop :oops: ). Poptart and Alesha drove up for the day and joined us. Hit some trails that we haven't done in a while. They were much more difficult with the rain added in. Only 1 break with poptart breaking a stub up font. Repaired while everyone supervised and back on the trail. Moose had to drop the tank on the CJ to replace the blah blah blah (I'm not mechanical enough to know what he did but it ran when he was done). Whopper bailed out of several trails with the old "I gotta drive it home" sissy talk :o . Thankfully though it gave the black jeeps someone to follow on the bypasses. Saturday night, the herd thinned as some left and some braved the rain.
Lots of winch line, lots of rock stacking and tons of mud made it a great weekend. Hope to see more people on the trails in the future - Fatty
2004 Columbia Edition TJ with 4" lift, Metal Cloak fenders, TF belly up, Superwinch 9grand, 37 PBR's, RJ 60 w/ discs, PR 44 5.13's, Atlas 4.3, ARB front/rear. Sarcastic Driver! Silver Jeep Club Member 1
Matt

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 am

Yep, good times! A little sloppy and still some stuff I've never done. Look forward to going back if it is ever dry out there.
'00 TJ
'78 CJ7
dilleywhopper
BOD
First Name: Adrian
Last Name: Dilley

Postby dilleywhopper » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I had a great time as well. You forgot to mention Friday night craziness at Green Acres fueled by fireball and cherry sours. Taking the bypasses was a surprisingly nice change. Very peaceful and de-stressing, like a massage. I'll probably continue this sort of driving practice.

No worries about the bull bar, the next time I dance on the hood of your Jeep, we'll call it even.
Look at that, a SILVER Jeep!
Bugeater
BOD
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Jorgensen
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK (2007–2019 Wrangler)

Postby Bugeater » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Sorry I had to miss this run. Sounds like everyone had a great time!
SJC3
Shrek
First Name: Danny
Last Name: Hubers
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK (2007–2019 Wrangler)

Postby Shrek » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Had a good time, thanks to all that helped when my trailer tire felt the need to expire & to the rock that decided I didn't need my license plate. It was great seeing everyone hope we can make it out to buck creek again soon to explore some trails.
2012 jku Rubicon, 3.5 metal cloak game changer lift, evo skids, 35" nitto trail grapplers.

Return to “OKJT Club Runs”