Big Red Trail Clearing 2-7-15

Geek
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Bunch
Jeep Year: 2002
Jeep Model: TJ (1997–2006 Wrangler)

Re: Big Red Trail Clearing 2-7-15

Postby Geek » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 am

Had a very good turn out. Keith, Sooner Matt, Dan, Mat and James. We broke up into two groups cleaning out trails on the north side of the park and opening a new trail on the south side of the park. We did get in a little wheeling. Wenches were pulled out a few times.
We had two memorable events. We cleaned out an area at Tip Over that has been closed for two years. We refer to it as the Kiddy Pool. For some reason Keith decided to run through it and buried the front end up to the bottom of the frame and drivers door. I am not sure but I think there is a 3 foot hole underneath all of that water. Took some effort to get him out. I will post a video on our new Face Book site when I get it edited.
Late in the day we wheeled the new trail we opened up on the south end of the park. Moose took off from the group and decided to go in the opposite direction to climb a rock area we had opened up. Half way up he pulled his wench out. This was not getting the job done so he sat his engine compartment on fire. Not a small flicker but a full blown fire. Moose did not have a fire extinguisher but still had a working CB. It took a little bit to get a fire extinguisher back to him but we did get the blaze out before it left the engine compartment. Main damage was to the wiring harness and distributor. I am sure there will be more but he says he will be up and running in a week or so. I will post a vid on this .
We did get a lot done but there is still much more to do. Thanks guys for your hard work and entertainment this weekend.
soonermatt
First Name: Matt
Last Name: Luttrell
Jeep Year: 1994
Jeep Model: YJ (1987–1995 Wrangler)

Postby soonermatt » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Damn! Clint had a major gas leak out there once. Now this. Guess I'll get an extinguisher mounted on my jeep.
Red Jeep
Bugeater
BOD
First Name: Tim
Last Name: Jorgensen
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK (2007–2019 Wrangler)

Postby Bugeater » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm

WOW!! Sounds like you all had an exciting and productive day! Sorry I missed it! Glad everyone is okay.
SJC3
Moose
First Name: James
Last Name: Prather
Jeep Year: 1980
Jeep Model: CJ-5 (1954-1983)

Postby Moose » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 am

Was going to name my jeep "loose nuts", have been informed that it's new name is "smoked nuts". Looks like the new TBI harness is most likely the culprit, of course we will never really know. However I have been sent a new harness and distributor at no charge. The damage is not extensive but complicated. Smoked nuts will need new nervous system from painless wiring, probably will not make second big red trip. But will be resurrected by March trip, with new fire extinguisher mounted with ready access, thanks Fred I'm glad we could put you expired extinguisher to use.
Moose Drool is just a way of life for me, and a pretty good beer also.
1980 CJ5, 350 CHEVY, TH350 , DANA 300, and a 15" rear drive-shaft in a CJ5.
Geek
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Bunch
Jeep Year: 2002
Jeep Model: TJ (1997–2006 Wrangler)

Postby Geek » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Moose wrote:Was going to name my jeep "loose nuts", have been informed that it's new name is "smoked nuts". Looks like the new TBI harness is most likely the culprit, of course we will never really know. However I have been sent a new harness and distributor at no charge. The damage is not extensive but complicated. Smoked nuts will need new nervous system from painless wiring, probably will not make second big red trip. But will be resurrected by March trip, with new fire extinguisher mounted with ready access, thanks Fred I'm glad we could put you expired extinguisher to use.

Thanks for testing it. I was not sure it still worked. I have a new one onboard now.
Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Glad it wasn't too bad of damage. Good luck getting it fixed up!
'00 TJ
'78 CJ7

Return to “OKJT Club Runs”